1. This agreement constitutes an order for Southwest Ceremony to perform licensed officiating services, which may include an in-person or remote ceremony consultation, ceremony design, ongoing ceremony support, pre-wedding rehearsal, delivery of wedding ceremony on the day-of, and delivery of marriage certificate if necessary to the office of the County Clerk.
2. If the ceremony officiant, Jaime Becktel, cannot perform this agreement in whole or in part due to an emergency, casualty, injury, acts of God or nature or terror or other cause beyond the control of the parties due to further liability with respect to this agreement no liability will be held to Jaime Becktel or Southwest Ceremony.
3. In the event of an extenuating circumstance on Jaime Becktel’s part, she will do her best to find and hire an alternative licensed officiant or will reimburse the full amount paid to the customer, including the deposit. Jaime Becktel and Southwest Ceremony will not be held liable for services not rendered. To receive a full refund, Jaime Becktel and Southwest Ceremony must be notified 60 days prior to the wedding day; if not, Jaime Becktel and Southwest Ceremony will be keep money that has been paid up until that point. Jaime Becktel and Southwest Ceremony also will have 90 days to refund the money upon receiving notification that the wedding was cancelled.
4. On signing of this agreement by both parties hereto, Jaime Becktel and Southwest Ceremony will reserve the time agreed upon and will not make another reservation for the specific date and time frame.
5. A 50% deposit is required to secure your date and time of wedding. The 50% deposit is non-refundable in the event of cancellation or date change. The 50% deposit covers the time spent coordinating pre-wedding arrangements and ceremony design and securing a date which would otherwise be unavailable to other clients. The 50% deposit will be applied towards the total amount billed, and the remaining balance is due one week prior to the wedding date.
6. The amount agreed upon covers the wedding officiant’s time, talent, and experience. Agreed upon rates are based on Southwest Ceremony’s current pricing at the time of booking.
7. It is understood that Jaime Becktel is your licensed officiant retained to perform the officiating services requested on this contract.
8. An itinerary must be provided to the wedding officiant prior to the wedding ceremony or a timeline should be discussed and created between the Client and Jaime Becktel.
9. If the wedding is located more than 30 miles from Durango, Colorado, additional travel time will be factored and applied at the rate of $50 per hour. For weddings that require significant travel, transportation and a hotel room must be booked and paid for by the Client for Jaime Becktel as well as compensation for additional travel time at the rate of $50 per hour.
Please complete the form below
*Once your electronically signed contract has been received, payment information for your deposit will be emailed. Deposit payments can be made via check to: Jaime Becktel at PO Box 493 Mancos, CO 81328. Other forms of payment include: Cash, Venmo (@Jaime-Becktel) or Paypal (firstname.lastname@example.org - Please use the “Friends and Family” option).